Friday, August 13, 2010


Spent most of yesterday morning and afternoon in local coffee shop, surfing the web for local information and such, updating blog, and playing scrabble. not too exciting, but very productive.
B went out for about an hour and sold a piece of my jewelry, prolly would of sold more if the popo didn't shut her down. yep its official, we are gypsy travelers selling our goods. The one officer was very nice to B, unlike an incident that happened over a week ago at a Walmart of all places. It is what it is though, good and bad. Figured it was one of the local businesses that complained, the officer kept saying how nice our stuff was too, and wanted to buy something for his wife. hilarious. but as he looked over his shoulder at his partner, he decided against it and kept apologizing. i thought how sweet. shoot what time you get off work mr. officer, mr. officer. i sell you some nice jewelry mr. officer.
hey its early, just on my first cup of coffee, so sorry for the corny joke.
anyway, it was all good, no harm done.
headed to the lake again, but first bought a floatie....ahhh now this is nice. had to ninja chop some biting flies trying to rest on my limbs in the water. these damn flies up here are no joke, i got the welts to prove it; but they were no match for my kung fu karate chop.
floating on the water, playing with my baby...enough said.
some serious storms came through courtesy of Canada, probably to remind me i need to take my butt back there. we got a lil' nervous, well let me clarify, I got a lil' nervous when the winds picked up and started rocking the van, and not in a good way. we decided to rock it out with eyes to the sky. the worst of it did pass, but the rain and lighting did not let up all night. needless to say i did not sleep well, oh but this morning around 6ish, the sky was awesome and such a sight to see...it is going to be a great day.
headed over to another coffee shop where we had sold stuff before with no problems, but this day should be even better selling wise since one of the local farmer's market sets up in the parking lot.
i wish we had a refrigerator or lived here for this bountiful wonder. the sellers are mainly Asian, and i am talking some the old school adorable old ladies...reminds me of when i was little squatting in the garden, next to my nanny ms. lee...i actually spoke Chinese before i spoke English. my parents thought something was wrong with me, they probably still do, since i didn't understand the words they were speaking to me. Ms. lee could tell me to do something in Chinese and sure enough i would comply....ahhh said my parents.
i wish i could still speak it or at least understand it. i am sure it is locked away up in my grey matter somewhere...so where is the key?
oh the farmer's market....the colors alone made me giddy. have you ever seen a PURPLE bell pepper? yeah every color you can imagine was out there, and so many interesting veges, breads, fruits...and chhhhhhhheeeeeap!!! ridiculously so.
yep i bought our lunch...big, fat, juicy, red tomatoes...ahh i can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment